May 22nd-31st 2019
This has been one of the most requested trips from meetup members so here it is!! Our trek to Machu Picchu up the Inca Trails and through the Rainbow Mountains will be different from the rest! This is because of our special permission from local communities to venture farther into some of these places than any tour company.
We will also be camping out in the Rainbow Mountains where most people just take selfies. In fact we will venture a it into the red mountains as well enabling us a chance for some incredible sunrise/sunset photos of this very unique place.
Bonus! Stick around after this trip and join us for the Ausangate Cicuit Trek! This is a full week trekking and tent camping at high altitude in some of the most beautiful mountains on earth!
The itinerary and specific details wont all fit in the space provided here on meetup but feel free to contact Nickofthewoods for the full details.
This trip will fill fast. Many of the participants signed up following the info session back in June and several are on this years trip to Everest Base Camp.
Deposit >>> $300 to secure your spot on this trek (non-refundable after October 1st as this is the date we purchase all group permits)
>Paypal address is www.paypal.me/nickofthewoods/300
>Checks are also accepted. Please pm for details
• Rescue/medical insurance
• All transfers to and from airports/hotels, trek
• 8 Days of professional guide service with a licensed, professional, English-speaking guide
• 5 nights in a hotel in Cusco (double room)
• 4 nights camping on the Inca Trail and Rainbow Trek in 3 person, 4 season Mountain Hardwear Tents (double occupancy)
• Extra thick foam mattress sleeping pads and self-inflating mattresses
• Meals on the treks including snacks and tea/coffee- Meals are made fresh using locally sourced ingredients (can cater to any dietary requests or needs).
• Train tickets from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and private transport to Cusco
• Inca Trail permit
• Personal porters to carry overnight gear up to 8kg/person – can be removed if desired
• Dry bags in which to put your overnight gear on the trail (for porters to carry)
• Machu Picchu Entrance fee (both time slots AM and PM)
• Trek cook, kitchen and dining tents, tables and stools, stainless steel dishes and utensils
• Boiled and purified water to refill your water bottle/bladder every morning/afternoon/evening
• Hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes
• Campsites with toilets (Inca Trail)
• Lake Humantay Day Hike
• First aid kit including emergency oxygen tank
• Bus ticket down from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
• Guided tour of Machu Picchu with plenty of time to explore on your own
• Booking/credit card fees
• International and domestic flights
• Optional extra hikes and tours
• Personal gear (clothing, sleeping bag)
• Personal meals and expenses beyond what is included above
• Tips and gratuities
Nick Gordon, NREMT and Wilderness EMT, is owner and lead instructor for NOW Outdoors LLC. He teaches more than a dozen wilderness adventure courses for UW-Milwaukee and teaches for the SOLO School of Wilderness Medicine. Since 2009, Nick has been teaching and guiding wilderness adventure, emergency medicine, and survival courses throughout the Great Lakes region and abroad. In addition to running the largest outdoor themed meetup community in Wisconsin, Nick also volunteers as a Regional Coordinator for the Wisconsin Association for Environmental Education.