10 Days Machu Picchu/Inca Trail/Rainbow Mountains
Dates: Spring 2019
This has been one of the most requested trips from meetup members so here it is in true Nickofthewoods style! Our trek to Machu Picchu up the Inca Trails and through the Rainbow Mountains will be different from the rest!
This may be a popular destination but our trip will be unique. We have secured special permission from local communities to venture into places that others can’t including deeper into the sacred valley than any tour company. We’ll also be camping out in the Rainbow Mountains where most people just take selfies.
Nickofthewoods has partnered with an award-winning company known for their eco-friendly, sustainable, leave-no-trace travel. They support the local communities and organize regular charity events in the Cusco region of Peru (donating clothes, medical supplies, medical intervention, building schools and clinics, planting trees, and more) They also have a reputation for having the highest caliber guides and the best quality gear and equipment in the industry!!!
Come to the info session to find out more about this incredible trip. Yeah, we’re going ALL out for this one. Let’s do it right!
Bonus! Stick around after this trip for the Ausangate Circuit and spend an additional week trekking at high altitude in some of the most beautiful mountains on earth!
The itinerary and specific details won’t all fit in the space here on meetup so stop by the info session or PM Nickofthewoods with questions anytime!
Deposit >>> $300 to secure your spot on this trek
>Paypal address is firstname.lastname@example.org
>Checks are also accepted. Please pm for details
• Rescue/medical insurance
• All transfers to and from airports/hotels, trek
• 8 Days of professional guide service with a licensed, professional, English-speaking guide
• 5 nights in a hotel in Cusco (double room)
• 4 nights camping on the Inca Trail and Rainbow Trek in 3 person, 4 season Mountain Hardwear Tents (double occupancy)
• Extra thick foam mattress sleeping pads and self-inflating mattresses
• Meals on the treks including snacks and tea/coffee- Meals are made fresh using locally sourced ingredients (can cater to any dietary requests or needs).
• Train tickets from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and private transport to Cusco
• Inca Trail permit
• Personal porters to carry overnight gear up to 8kg/person – can be removed if desired
• Dry bags in which to put your overnight gear on the trail (for porters to carry)
• Machu Picchu Entrance fee (both time slots AM and PM)
• Trek cook, kitchen and dining tents, tables and stools, stainless steel dishes and utensils
• Boiled and purified water to refill your water bottle/bladder every morning/afternoon/evening
• Hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes
• Campsites with toilets (Inca Trail)
• Lake Humantay Day Hike
• First aid kit including an emergency oxygen tank
• Bus ticket down from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
• Guided tour of Machu Picchu with plenty of time to explore on your own
• Booking/credit card fees
• International and domestic flights
• Extra hike within Machu Picchu: Wayna Picchu or Machu Picchu hike permit
• Personal gear
• Additional excursions or tours in Peru
• Personal meals and expenses beyond what is included above
• Single Supplement (Single room, Single tent)
• Tips and gratuities
Nick Gordon, NREMT and Wilderness EMT, is the owner and lead instructor for NOW Outdoors LLC. He teaches more than a dozen wilderness adventure courses for UW-Milwaukee and teaches for the SOLO School of Wilderness Medicine. Since 2009, Nick has been teaching and guiding wilderness adventure, emergency medicine, and survival courses throughout the Great Lakes region and abroad. In addition to running the largest outdoor themed meetup community in Wisconsin, Nick also volunteers as a Regional Coordinator for the Wisconsin Association for Environmental Education.